So after making those darling burlap boutonnieres for all the groomsmen, I decided it was only fair to make something equally super duper cute for all the bridesmaids! So without further adieu, I present to you…burlap and lace hair appliqués!
So cute, right?! I am going to give these to all the girls to add to their up-dos!
You Will Need:
Burlap
Cereal box-weight cardboard
2” lace trim
1” lace trim
Extra long bobby pins
Elmer’s Glue
Hot glue gun
Embroidery floss and needle
Scissors
Buttons
Stiffen Stuff
Step 1: Trace and cut circles out of the cardboard, one per each applique. {I used a ½ measuring cup as a stencil}
Step 2: Trace and cut circles out of the burlap, one per each applique. {I used a ½ measuring cup as a stencil
Step 3: Glue burlap circles on top of cardboard circles and trim.
Step 4: Cut the 2" lace into 12" pieces.
Step 5: Thread the needle through the bottom of the lace.
Step 6: Starting from one end, gather the lace by gently pulling the thread
Step 7: Once you've pulled the thread tight, join the ends of the lace together and tie your knot in the thread. Cut excess thread.
Step 8: Place a large drop of hot glue in the middle of the burlap circle.
Step 9: Press and hold flower on top of glue for a few seconds
Now for the top layer..!
Step10: Cut the 1" lace into 6" pieces.
Step11: Repeat steps 5 - 7. Place a large drop of hot glue in the middle of the flower, and press and hold the second layer on top.
Step12: Add a drop of glue to the middle and place your button on top.
Step13: Once dry, flip your flower over and carefully glue your bobby pin to the cardboard. {Be careful not to use too much glue so you don't glue your pin together!}
Adorable! So excited to wear it in a few weeks!
ReplyDeleteYou're so crafty! Love them!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE them! They turned out so adorable. The girls are going to go crazy over them!
ReplyDeleteSo glad I found your blog! These are so adorable! Great job!
ReplyDeleteSo pretty! I must try this!
ReplyDeleteDitto what Lindsey said! I cannot wait to wear them :) Thank you Christina!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy your blog! Thanks for all the good recipes and crafts!
ReplyDeleteOMG I die! So cute!!!!!! My neighbor loves it!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love these! Where did you find your lace at? Having trouble finding something similar
ReplyDeletePiękne, proste i ładne naprawdę piękne !!!
ReplyDeleteCan you tell me the diameter of your 1/2 cup, I'm trying to make this for my friend's wedding and I don't want to screw these up lol
ReplyDeleteundangan pernikahan
ReplyDeletetas murah
interior rumah
sigithermawan
maklon kosmetik
elevenia
kursus online
synthesis development
promosi online
HRCentro
jejak seo
singaseo
sigithermawan
singaseo
sigithermawan
bim bim
sigit hermawan go blog
sigit hermawan
yamaha
properti property
properti terbaik indonesia
setia seo
sigit hermawan go blog
on hosting domain
Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I have really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I?l be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again soon!
ReplyDelete#website: Jasa SEO
I really enjoyed reading your well written article. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. Perusahaan Distributor Indonesia
ReplyDelete